31st May 1918
Good dear Sir
Herewith please find Returns for the month of May for
completion and dispatch.
Attendance during the month was very good and reached 80 this week.
There are some matters connected with the school that I should like you
to bring before the Committee as soon as possible. Most of these have been
mentioned by Inspectors in recent reports as being necessary
1. Cookery. Setting the store and getting remainder of equipment. This
subject must be taught next year, so that all arrangements would require to
be completed before 1st October.
2. Desks. The desk accommodation is not at all adequate for the present
attendance, nor are the desks sutible, particulary for the juniors. We hope
Committee will at least provide us with a partial supply of modern desks.
3. (Press) accommodation is very limited.
4. Partition. Work in school would be very much more effective if there was
a partition of some kind.
5. Arrangement re daily cleaning of schoolroom and washing about three times
We trust the Committee will take these matters up and have the necessary
improvements made as soon as possible.
I am Rev. Sir
Ts. R. Todd