|George Sands Pastor||Hulls Hill Pentecostal Fellowship, opened in October 1995.|
Moira Road, Lisburn.
Pastor: George Sands
Telephone: 9267 9964
Breaking of the bread: 11.00am
Gospel meeting: 6.30pm
|Members and friends of Lisburn Pentecostal Fellowship (Hulls Hill) pictured with Pastor George Sands (left) and Mr Alastair Johnston (right).|
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
The land on which the present church is built was acquired in November 1894. In January 1931 the trustees were Samuel John Briggs, John Beattie, William Boomer, Thomas Balmer, Henry Geddis, Samuel Downey, William John Holmes, John Law and James Murphy. It is unclear when the first hall was built. Formerly known as the Hull’s Hill Mission Hall, it was donated to the Lisburn Pentecostal Fellowship in February 1993 and the new trustees were Pastor George Sands and Mr Alastair Johnston. The old hall was demolished and the present hall, built on the same site, was opened on 28th October 1995 by the late Mrs Phoebe Lynas. The present pastor, George Sands, commenced his ministry at this time.