|Pastor John Taylor||
Lisburn Baptist Church,
opened in May 1977.
Lisburn Baptist Church Longstone Street, Lisburn.
Pastor: John Taylor Telephone: 028 3882 0839
Lord’s Day Church Services:
Morning Worship: 11.30am
Evangelistic Service: 6.30pm
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
Lisburn Baptist Church was formed in May 1926, under the leadership of Pastor J Shields, and first met in a rented hall in Wallace Avenue and later in the Good Templar Hall, Linenhall Street. It was decided to erect a church building and a site was acquired in Priests Lane (now called Tonagh Avenue) in 1928 and the church was opened for worship in April 1930. The present church in Longstone Street was opened in May 1977 and cost £175,328 to build. The original church building, which became the church hall, was demolished and a new suite of halls was built and completed in 2002. The church was renovated at a cost of £249,000 and re-opened for worship in November 2007; the work included a new roof and ceiling, new pulpit, refurbishment of pews, re-plastering and re-carpeting. The present pastor, John Taylor, was inducted on 12th January 2007.
For a full history of the church, click on: Lisburn Baptist Church (75 years) Glimpses of our History (1926 – 2001). Holding forth the Word of Life.