|St. John’s Parish Church, Upper Kilwarlin.||Notice Board at St. John’s Parish Church, Upper Kilwarlin.|
|Rev. David Pierce Rector|
Kilwarlin (Upper) - St. John’s Parish Church
St. John’s Road, Upper Kilwarlin, Hillsborough.
Rector: Rev. David Pierce
Telephone: 9268 3299
Sunday services: 11.30am
Morning Prayer: 2nd, 4th and 5th Sunday
Holy Communion: 1st Sunday
Family Service: 3rd Sunday
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
St John’s Church, Upper Kilwarlin was built in 1840. For hundreds of years the Hill family have been benefactors of Hillsborough and the surrounding area. It was through the generosity of the Marquis of Downshire, local residents of the townland of Kilwarlin, and the Down and Connor Church Accommodation Society that the church was built. The present rector, the Rev David Pierce, was instituted as rector of St John’s and St James at a service in St James Parish Church in March 2000.