|St. Joseph’s Church, Glenavy.||St. Joseph’s Church, Glenavy (Interior).|
|St. Joseph’s Church, Glenavy.||Rev Ciaran Feeney Catholic Curate|
Parish Priest: Father Sean Dillon
Telephone: 9442 2262
Sunday Masses: 9.30, 12noon
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
St Joseph’s Church at Glenavy was dedicated under the invocation of St Joseph and consecrated by Bishop Dorrian on 13th September 1868. Its existence was the result of the vision and drive of a very dedicated and popular priest, Father George Pye, who was parish priest from 1848-1890. It replaced an older church, built on the site by Father Crangle some sixty years earlier. Chapels had preceded it in Ballymacricket since the eighteenth century. The present parish priest, The Very Rev Fr Luke McWilliams was installed here in August 2000. To meet the requirements of the modern liturgy and the growing Catholic population of the area, the church that has served Glenavy for almost two centuries was restored and an extension added. It was re-opened and dedicated on 28th May 2006 at a special service attended by Bishop Patrick Walsh.