The Very Rev
Patrick G. Conway
The Very Rev
Patrick G Conway, PP, will retire at the end of August 2006
after 16 years loyal service to the Parish of Dromore.
was appointed Parish Priest of Dromore on 15th
August 1990 in succession to Fr. Jordan. On Sunday 4th
June 2006 he celebrated the 50th anniversary of his
Ordination to the Priesthood. A native of Killeavy, Co. Armagh,
he was educated at St. Colman's College, Newry and at St.
Kieran�s College, Kilkenny. He was ordained on 3rd
June 1956 and went to work in Scotland, in the archdiocese of St
Andrew�s, Edinburgh. Fr. Conway was appointed to Newry in 1962,
Magheralin 1963-1966, Gilford 1966-1975, Moyraverty 1975-1980,
Clonduff 1980-1982, Ballela 1982-1983 and Seagoe 1983-1990.
During his time in Dromore, Fr. Conway has undertaken a major
renovation and the reordering of the sanctuary of St. Colman�s
Church. It was rededicated in November 1993. He was also
responsible for the construction of All Saint�s Church, Ballela,
opened on Sunday 8th May 1994.
successor, Fr Patrick J Murray, will be installed at St
Colman�s, Dromore, on Sunday 27th August at 11.00am.
Fr. Murray became Parish Priest of Aghaderg on 16th
August 2003. The two churches in Aghaderg parish are St.
Patrick�s, Loughbrickland and St Mary�s, Lisnagade. A native of
Clonduff Parish, Fr. Murray was educated at the Abbey Christian
Brothers� School in Newry and at Maynooth. He was ordained by
Bishop Brooks on 14th June 1981. Fr. Murray has
served as curate in Moyraverty (1981-1990), Kilbroney
(1990-1995) and Tullylish (1995-2003).;