|Rev. Albert Griffith Minister||Lisburn Church of the Nazarene, the opening and dedication of the final phase of the new church was held in May 1963.|
Lisburn Church of the Nazarene Warren Park, Lisburn.
Minister: Rev. Albert Griffith
Telephone: 9266 2446
Morning Worship: 11.30am
Evening Service: 6.30pm
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
The congregation was formed in the late 1940’s following a mission in the C.W.U. hall. Holiness meetings were commenced in the Friends meeting house in Railway Street. In August 1954 a mission was held in a large tent erected on ground opposite to where the church stands today and at the end of the mission over thirty people requested to have a Church of the Nazarene in Lisburn. A wooden church, built on the site of the tent, was opened on Saturday 11th December 1954. On 6th August 1956, the first block of the present church was laid. On the 3rd and 4th August 1957, the closing services were held in the wooden church and the first phase of the new church was opened on Saturday 10th August 1957. The opening and dedication of the final phase of the new church was held on Thursday 30th May 1963. Voluntary work cut the building cost in half, and the final figure was about £5,000. The present minister, the Rev. Albert Griffith, was installed here in June 1990. The present minister, the Rev. Albert Griffith, was installed here in June 1990.
A book written by Stephen Collins gives a detailed history of the First 50 Years of Lisburn Church of the Nazarene. To see the book, click on: Church Of The Nazarene Lisburn